California Lifeline Online Renewal
The California Lifeline programs provides poor people in the state of California with low-cost phone and cell phone services. The California Federal Lifeline program is limited to one per household and residents must meet certain income requirement (aka be poor people). Users can start an application online, renew a current California Federal Lifeline account, and review program guidelines. Please note the California LifeLine Administrator administers both the California LifeLine Program and the federal Lifeline program.
Program guidelines and information
- Residents who are approved must pick between a cell phone discount or a home phone discount BUT are not allowed to receive both discounts
- The California Federal Lifeline applicant must be 18 years of age or older in order to apply
- Members who obtain a new phone number will have 30 days to inform the California Lifeline program or their discount will be removed
- Applicants will have to provide their DOB, last 4 digits of Social Security Number or Tribal ID Number on the California Lifeline Online Renewal application
- Applicants may be required to provide “wages, salaries, interest, dividends, alimony and child support, grants, gifts, allowances, stipends, lottery winnings, inheritances, worker’s compensation, unemployment and public assistance benefits, social security payments, pensions, rental income, income from self-employment, cash payments from other sources, and all employment-related non-cash income“
- Discounts will be given in the form of credits
- Users who would like to be removed from the California Lifeline program can do so with their telephone number and unique PIN
- Current members will have 45 days to return their renewal form or they will be kicked out of the program
Any documents that need to be sent to the program should be directed to California LifeLine Administrator P.O. Box 8417 Westminster, CA 92684-8417 via US Mail. A customer service number for California Lifeline could NOT be found but their fax number is (415) 703-1158.